Saturday, June 18, 2016

Stream Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia

Elaine's "Documentary to catch on Netflix" went up earlier while I was having some coffee and organizing my day.  And I had not seen Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia.

So while I'm working on some dough -- I'm making croissants (and remembering now why I make them so rarely -- it's so much work) -- so I started streaming the documentary on the TV here in the kitchen while I was working on the dough.

I'm really enjoying it.

I don't have time for a full post.

But Gore just said something in the movie that made me want to post it.

So I washed my hands and got on the laptop while repeating the sentence to myself over and over.

I already wrote it.  I did that first thing so I wouldn't forget.

But if I got a word wrong, sorry.  I think this captures it accurately: "Whenever I want to know what the United States is up to, I look into my own black heart."

I love that.

And I really love this documentary.

And I see that Marcia's "The Originals" went up this morning so go read that too.


This is C.I.'s "Back to reality yet?:"






  1. BREAKING: Iraqi forces claim to take parts of Fallujah's city center
    BREAKING: Iraqi forces claim to take parts of Fallujah's city center
    Watch more on msnbc.com







JUST IN: Iraqi military recaptures center of ISIS-held Fallujah




Iraqi forces retake main government compound in Falluja from Isis






That's a sample of some of this morning's Tweets.

The above does not end the Islamic State.

Even retaking Mosul will not end the Islamic State in Iraq.

For that, you need to address the root causes.

US President Barack Obama, like his puppet Haider al-Abadi, has no desire to address the root causes.

So this will be passed off as "victory" by various idiots  who are both willing to ignore what the 'liberation' actually cost and what is actually needed to destroy the Islamic State in Iraq.

The best thing about Falluja today is that maybe it will allow the vastly limited western press to cover some issues in Iraq other than their rah-rah coverage of the Iraqi military.

Such as:








TV Report
130Sunni mosque destroyed by Shia Militias  in Miqdadiya, Diyala









Oh, who am I kidding?

They didn't cover the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq in real time because it wasn't of any interest to them.

Without the military to cover, they'll go back to ignoring Iraq shortly.


Considering the damage their slanted coverage does, that might not be such a bad thing.