I've seen that online before and loved it but when Marcia posted it, I decided I had to figure out how as well.
In addition, this is Howard Wolfson's "HUBdate: Debate in Philadelphia:"
Previewing Today: Tonight, Hillary participates in ABC’s Philadelphia Democratic Primary Debate. Earlier today, she delivers remarks to the Building Trades National Legislative Conference.
In Case You Missed It: The front page USA Today article is headlined: "Obama tied to lobbyists, but boasts of not taking money." Read more.
First Hundred Days: Yesterday, Hillary told the Newspaper Association of America: "Starting from Day One, the Bush-Cheney era will be over in name and in practice" and outlined her plan for the first 100 days of the presidency. Read more and more.
Speaking Out: In a letter yesterday, mayors across Indiana wrote to Sen. Obama and said his comments "demeaned the values of small Midwestern towns." The mayor of Oak Hill, WV said: "I think that [Sen. Obama's comment] characterizes the fact he is out of touch with West Virginia, and many other states -- the Heartland of America." The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review says Sen. Obama’s "'bitter' pill is going to be tough to swallow...What Obama dished out was a cold, stinging slap, and not just to Pennsylvanians but to Americans across the country." Read more, more and more.
Tar Heels for Hillary: The campaign announced 1,500 North Carolina women for Hillary yesterday. Gladys Graves, former president of the North Carolina Association of Editors and Hillary supporter, said, "[Hillary] is an intelligent and caring woman and we need someone like that in the White House." Read more.
Stronger Against McCain: A new Rasmussen survey of likely Florida voters shows Hillary leading the state against Senator McCain...The same poll shows Senator McCain would beat Senator Obama in that state by 15 points (53-38). Read more.
FL Voices Count: In an interview with the St. Petersburg Times, Hillary said voters in FL are "tired of being disenfranchised. They saw a Democrat deprived of a congressional seat in 2006 because mysteriously thousands of votes weren't counted. They saw problems in the '04 election. And everybody remembers 2000.....We're Democrats. I thought we believed in counting votes." Read more.
Tax Day Test: "For all of Sen. Obama's rhetoric about the need for tax return transparency, you'd think he'd have released all of his tax records. Guess again... Sen. Obama has refused to release his tax returns for 1997, 1998 and 1999, even though he was in public life as a state senator during those years. During this period of time, Sen. Obama was accepting contributions from special interest lobbyists, PACs and even directly from corporations." Read more.
Stretch on Ethics Reform: Politifact reports on a new ad airing in PA that "Obama claims he was the driving force in the Senate on ethics reform. We find he was a player but not the quarterback... This new ad both exaggerates the role Obama played in the debate, and fails to put the new ethics law in any sort of context." Read more.
There is a growing movement of resistance within the US military which includes Matt Mishler, Josh Randall, Robby Keller, Justiniano Rodrigues, Chuck Wiley, James Stepp, Rodney Watson, Michael Espinal, Matthew Lowell, Derek Hess, Diedra Cobb, Brad McCall, Justin Cliburn, Timothy Richard, Robert Weiss, Phil McDowell, Steve Yoczik, Ross Spears, Peter Brown, Bethany "Skylar" James, Zamesha Dominique, Chrisopther Scott Magaoay, Jared Hood, James Burmeister, Eli Israel, Joshua Key, Ehren Watada, Terri Johnson, Clara Gomez, Luke Kamunen, Leif Kamunen, Leo Kamunen, Camilo Mejia, Kimberly Rivera, Dean Walcott, Linjamin Mull, Agustin Aguayo, Justin Colby, Marc Train, Abdullah Webster, Robert Zabala, Darrell Anderson, Kyle Snyder, Corey Glass, Jeremy Hinzman, Kevin Lee, Mark Wilkerson, Patrick Hart, Ricky Clousing, Ivan Brobeck, Aidan Delgado, Pablo Paredes, Carl Webb, Stephen Funk, Blake LeMoine, Clifton Hicks, David Sanders, Dan Felushko, Brandon Hughey, Logan Laituri, Clifford Cornell, Joshua Despain, Joshua Casteel, Katherine Jashinski, Dale Bartell, Chris Teske, Matt Lowell, Jimmy Massey, Chris Capps, Tim Richard, Hart Viges, Michael Blake, Christopher Mogwai, Christian Kjar, Kyle Huwer, Wilfredo Torres, Michael Sudbury, Ghanim Khalil, Vincent La Volpa, DeShawn Reed and Kevin Benderman. In total, at least fifty US war resisters in Canada have applied for asylum.
Information on war resistance within the military can be found at The Objector, The G.I. Rights Hotline [(877) 447-4487], Iraq Veterans Against the War and the War Resisters Support Campaign. Courage to Resist offers information on all public war resisters. Tom Joad maintains a list of known war resisters. In addition, VETWOW is an organization that assists those suffering from MST (Military Sexual Trauma).
Live On Air and Online at kpfa.org!
Join us on April 22nd for this very important follow up to Pacifica's groundbreaking Winter Soldier live coverage. We will be following the San Francisco trial involving wounded vets and the Department of Veterans Affairs. In this first class action lawsuit U.S. Veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder sue the VA, alleging a system wide breakdown in the way the Government treats those soldiers.
During this special broadcast we will be bringing our listeners live updates from the San Francisco federal courthouse, we'll speak with wounded Veterans attorney Gordon Erspamer, (taking this case pro bono because his father was permanently disabled in World War II and never received proper health care) and speak with Veterans advocates including Veterans for Common Sense, and Vets for America.
Read more about the broadcast here.
We are still repeating history in a sense that during the 1970’s and 1980s, our streets were crawling with Vietnam War veterans with the same issues. The only difference today is our veterans are not being ignored by society and the government is being held accountable. For the first time Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are being recognized as issues and they are abnormal conditions caused by combat trauma and combat stress. We live in a society that does not accept murder as something "normal". We live in a society that is spiritual and compassionate by nature regardless of religious beliefs. When these horrific acts are witnessed or are performed by an American soldier in a time of war, it breaks the spirit in a way that can’t be defined. However, we are expected to act "normal" when we arrive back to our home soil. In addition our peers are forced to look at us different and weak because of the mentality of our senior military leadership, we are "STRONG" warriors that aren’t supposed to feel, yet we must follow the rules of the Geneva Convention because our morals and beliefs as a nation dictate. Yes there are services in place for those who "need it" but there is a silent voice that is extremely loud that puts those who "need it" in a corner. Fortunately, the American population as a whole is finally pushing back because they understand what our eyes see across the water is not "normal" however; there is still an uncomfortable stigma that is associated with this. Society as a whole wants to help, but that help must happen away from their children and their neighborhoods. We are making a difference however, the flood gates have been opened and an enormous amount of water has fractured the backbone of our infrastructure. It is up to those who can speak for the ones who can not. WE MUST INFORM, EDUCATE AND PROMOTE AWARENESS. The blind eye approach is NOT working; it is MUCH bigger than us, so we must take a different approach.
- Mayor John Antoline, Monaca, Beaver County
- Mayor Michele Avvisato, Old Forge, Lackawanna County
- Mayor Norman Ball, Tunkhannock, Wyoming County
- Mayor Anthony Battalini, Aliquippa, Beaver County
- Mayor Sam Benyi ,Clarksville, Greene County
- Mayor Ronald Besong, Bell Acres, Allegheny County
- Mayor Louis Biacchi, Berwick, Columbia County
- Mayor James V. Bitonti, Belle Vernon, Fayette County
- Mayor Richard Bowen, Taylor, Lackawanna County
- Mayor Thomas Brown, Bentleyville, Washington County
- Mayor John B.Callahan, Bethlehem, Northampton County
- Mayor Willard Canfield, Hallsted, Susquehana County
- Mayor Gennaro Cantalupo, Northern Cambria, Cambria County
- Mayor Robert P. Carpenter, Laporte, Sullivan County
- Mayor Peter M.Casini, South Connellsville, Fayette County
- Mayor Joseph J.Cisco, Ellport, Lawrence County
- Mayor Anthony Colaizzo, Canonsburg, Washington County
- Mayor Esther Cotner, Washingtonville, Montour County
- Mayor Carl Cott, Forksville, Sullivan County
- Mayor Joan B. Derco, Youngwood, Westmoreland County
- Mayor Christopher Doherty, Scranton, Lackawanna County
- Mayor Bernard Dubaskas, Edwardsville, Luzerne County
- Mayor Gary L. Durkin, Flemington, Clinton County
- Mayor Greg Erosenko, Monroeville , Allegheny County
- Mayor Emerson M. Fazekas, Versailles, Allegheny County
- Mayor Philip Ferrizzi, Bally, Berks County
- Mayor Ned C. Fink, Fountain Hill, Lehigh County
- Mayor Richard T. Fluck, Hellertown, Northampton County
- Mayor Jim France, East Lansdowne, Delaware County
- Mayor Ralph Garzia, Brookhaven, Delaware County
- Mayor Richard Gassman, Matamoras, Pike County
- Mayor Gerald W. Gross, West Easton, Northampton County
- Mayor Connie M. Guy, Mountville, Lancaster County
- Mayor John Haberland, Coraopolis, Allegheny County
- Mayor Loyce L. Harpster, Burnham, Mifflin County
- Mayor David Haslett, Avalon, Allegheny County
- Mayor Joseph Herbert, West Wyoming, Luzerne County
- Mayor William Jenkins, Larksville, Luzerne County
- Mayor Joseph Kazan, New Stanton, Westmoreland County
- Mayor Joseph Keating, Pittston, Luzerne County
- Mayor James F. Kinder, Mount Wolf Boro, York County
- Mayor Donald L. Kinosz, Lower Burrell, Westmoreland County
- Mayor Philip Krivacek, Duquesne, Allegheny County
- Mayor Joseph Daniel Kudlac, Ellsworth, Washington County
- Mayor Maxine J. Kuntz, East Prospect, York County
- Mayor Michael M. Kutsek, Finleyville, Washington County
- Mayor Leonard J. Larkin, Falls Creek, Jefferson County
- Mayor Tom Leighton, Wilkes Barre, Luzerne County
- Mayor Patrick Loughney, Dunmore, Lackawanna County
- Mayor Thomas E. Loukota, Masontown, Fayette County
- Mayor Robert J. Lucas, Sharon, Mercer County
- Mayor Bernard M. Luketich, Cokeburg, Washington County
- Mayor Edward Lyons, North Belle Vernon, Westmoreland County
- Mayor Timothy Martin, Freeland, Luzerne County
- Mayor Armand Martinelli, East Stroundsburg, Monroe County
- Mayor George McCloskey, Norwood, Delaware County
- Mayor Raymond McDonough, North Braddock, Allegheny County
- Mayor Beverly Merkel, Jessup, Lackawanna County
- Mayor John Milander, Jr., Coplay, Lehigh County
- Mayor Christian P. Morrison, Tamaqua, Schuylkill County
- Mayor Michael Nutter, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County
- Mayor Susan O'Connell, Crafton, Allegheny County
- Mayor Raymond J. Osmolinski, Sr, Gallitzin, Cambria County
- Mayor Salvatore J. Panto, Jr., Easton, Northampton County
- Mayor Ed Pawlowski, Allentown, Lehigh County
- Mayor Louis Payne, East Pittsburgh, Allegheny County
- Mayor Joyce Peccon, Carmichaels, Greene County
- Mayor Connie Peck, Trappe, Montgomery County
- Mayor David Perusso, Wilson, Northampton County
- Mayor Delmar Phillips, Frackville, Schuylkill County
- Mayor Dennis Pietrandrea, Koppel, Beaver County
- Mayor Albert Pipik, Allenport, Washington County
- Mayor Dominick Pomposelli, Wilmerding, Allegheny County
- Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County
- Mayor Judy Reed, Connellsville, Fayette County
- Mayor Stephen R. Reed, Harrisburg, Dauphin County
- Mayor John D. W. Reiley, Pottsville, Schuylkill County
- Mayor Herb Riede, McSherrystown, Adams County
- Mayor Joseph Saxton, Bristol, Bucks County
- Mayor John Segilia, Moosic, Lackawanna County
- Mayor Timothy Shoemaker, Everson, Fayette County
- Mayor Matt Sinberg, Yardley, Bucks County
- Mayor Joseph E. Sinnott, Erie, Erie County
- Mayor Thomas Smith, Blawnox, Allegheny County
- Mayor Rick Smith, New Brighton, Beaver County
- Mayor Larry Sprowls, Calysville, Washington County
- Mayor Jeff Steffler, Wampum, Lawrence County
- Mayor Margaret Stock, Butler, Butler County
- Mayor F. John Szatkiewicz, Ohioville, Beaver County
- Mayor Nicki Todaro, Newell, Fayette County
- Mayor Tom Trigona, Johnstown, Cambria County
- Mayor TonyWalck, Nesquehoning, Carbon County
- Mayor William L. Welch, State College, Centre County
- Mayor Leslie Whitehill, Salladasburg, Lycoming County
- Mayor Barbara Wilhelm, Dawson, Fayette County
- Mayor James E. Wolfe, Tarentum, Allegheny County
- Mayor John Yacura, Elizabeth, Allegheny County
- Mayor Dorothy Yazurlo, Laflin, Luzerne County
- Mayor Jayne Young, Lansdowne, Delaware County
- Mayor Stanley Zamerowski, Pringle, Luzerne County